This is based on ACAPS Crisis Profile for July 2016 and Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) IDP figure analysis.
According to ACAPS Crisis Profile, for July this year, Over 2.6 million people are displaced due to the Boko Haram insurgency and counterinsurgency as of June 2016 including 186,000 refugees in neighbouring countries.
As at June 2016, 88% of all IDPs identified in Nigeria originates from Borno
Borno hosts 1.6 million IDPs which is 80% of all IDPs
Maiduguri LGA hosts 50% of all IDPs in Borno
Southern Borno hosts 93, 000 or 7% of Borno’s IDPs.
North Borno hosts Approximately 160, 000 IDPs
Adamawa hosts 160,000 IDPs, 71% are from Adamawa and 21% are from Borno
Yobe hosts 112,000 IDPs. 44% are IDPs from the state while 56% come from Borno
Gombe has 26,000 IDPs. All of those displaced in Gombe are from outside the state. 48% of the IDPs originates from Borno, 47% from Yobe, and 5% from Adamawa.
Bauchi hosts 30,000 IDPs as at June 2016, they are displaced from Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe
Taraba has 47,000 IDPs, 28% from Borno and Adamawa, the remaining 72% of IDPs in Taraba were displaced from other areas of the state because of inter-communal Clashes, primarily in 2013 and 2014.
Let us have your take on this, do you think we can close the IDPs in 2017?, leave your commend below, or send us an email on [email protected]